Thank you, Alistair,
As a resident of Frome Whitfield, I am obviously biased in my answer to your question, and while trying not to be a NIMBY, the main reasons in order are:
1. The Destruction of such a uniquely beautiful piece of rural countryside.
2. Concern of the impact upon residences of the area and Dorchester town by flooding and traffic.
3. The impact upon the town of Dorchester.
4. The unrealistically high projections of housing needs.
5. The location of the proposed development in term of access and facilities.